2010-03-06

WIP: cartoon soldier

I just finished the baking of a cartoon soldier's upper body, and I thought it would be nice to share it with you.
It's still a work in progress, I still need to paint it's diffuse and specular maps, and maybe other shader maps as well...



Some details: At the moment it only has some specular and glossiness levels set to it. The lowpoly model (in the picture) has 2758 tris, the hipoly that was baked on it had more than 1,5 million. (It contained also the legs, but I don't need it at the moment.) The hipoly model was sculpted using Zbrush, the lowpoly was modeled and baked with 3DS Max.

This post was just for eyecandy, as soon as I finish the upper body completely I'm going to show you the result!
I think I also make a post about this cartoon soldier in more details and a little history, because this isn't the first version of it, so stay tuned!

EDIT:

Well, it seems I finished it the same day, so I won't make a new post just for it, so here it is:

 

History post still stands, so keep your eyes peeled! ;)
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment